Everyone is welcome to join our Skypecast. Besides the general Skypecast Etiquette, we have a few rules that we kindly ask you to follow:
- Set your name or nickname in the chat window in our web interface (otherwise, we'll see something like "Guest123").
- Say your name or your Skype ID when you start talking (for example: "This is Ignacio"). This won't be necessary when a question is directed to you.
- You might not be able to join us at the right starting time. In that case, please do not interrupt the on-going conversation when you join. Instead, take a moment to listen to what is being discussed and wait for an appropriate time to participate.
- Please, avoid using loud speakers. They generate echo. Instead, use headphones or a headset. Also, remember to test your microphone before joining. Check that it doesn't produce any interference. The host will mute anyone causing interference or background noise.
- In case you need to leave the Skypecast for a while or definitely before the official end of the Skypecast, please do not interrupt the on-going conversation. You don't need to apologize for leaving earlier or for having to pick up a call. No offence will be taken :-)
- We noticed that some people prefer not say a word. While we don't force anyone to speak, we encourage everyone to butt in and talk! In an orderly fashion, of course :-) If you still want to listen only, you're welcome to do so.
Failure to follow these guidelines might result in the host muting you.
Please, don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions! Leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org