American vs. British English

Enjoy! :)

Comments

Philip said…
I don't get it "teacher" and teacher" were almost identical and certainly not much difference to idiolects of different people in the US - can't see any big difference and did not bother watching more after that.
Philip said…
Yes Jola, it is a bit like the "Emperor's New Clothes", the accents, are so different, the accents are so different, the accents... heah, there is no real difference between those speakers - perhaps I will watch further than that first example - I mean seriously, was that a joke, they were virtually identical?
Jola said…
Philip, you rescued me, of course I can recognise British and American accents but in this case I have some problems. But it is funny and gives us the idea: we all speak a little bit different, and that's that. English is for expressing ourselves and communicate, not for imitating one person from Native Speakers or TV.
Another question is: do you enjoy your conversation or just yourself talking with such a nice proper accent?
Philip said…
Right, I see that I "jumped the gun" having watched the rest of the video, I appologise everyone, yes that was a joke video, Philip.
Jola said…
Yes, this one is for fun but there are some interesting or important-for-exams differences in vocabulary and proper prepositions. Some of them we can learn from The Bob and Rob Show... very good podcast for advanced learners of English, btw.

Popular posts from this blog

A gerund phrase

PEED (Point, Example, Explan and Develop) in English essays

See a film? watch a movie?