A descriptive text is written to show you a picture of what is describing, imagine or see something.
Key features of this type of texts:
- Fiction texts are written mainly to entertain the reader.
- It appeals to five senses – things you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- It combines facts and opinions of the writer.
- It is usually based on a story and there are characters.
The style of the persuasive texts:
- It is written in the first or third person.
- It uses descriptive language to help the reader picture the topic (adjectives and adverbs).
- It uses mostly the past tense.
- It uses figurative language (metaphors, similes, personifications etc.).
- The sentences varied in their structures to keep the reader interested in reading.
- The language varies depending on the speaker’s social background.
- The punctuation marks play the vital role in understanding the text.